Thirunelli Maha vishnu Temple, Wayanad Details
- Destination Name: Thirunelli Maha Vishnu Temple
- Specialty: The only temple in the world where the devotees can perform all the rituals related to one’s life, starting from birth to death and life after death.
- Location: Thirunelly, Mananthavady, Wayanad, Kerala
- Permitting authority:
No Permission Required
- Entry time: 5:30 AM – 12:00PM to 5:30PM to 8:00PM
- Location in Map : Click Here
- Allowed Visitors Per Day: No Limit
- Contact Details: 04935 210 201
Thirunelli Temple is one of the most ancient temples dedicated to Lord Vishnu on the side of Brahmagiri hill in Kerala. The temple is 3000 years old and is at an altitude of about 3,000 feet in north Wayanad in a valley surrounded by mountains and beautiful forests .Thirunelli is the only temple in the world where the devotees can perform all the rituals related to one’s life, starting from birth to death and life after death. Thirunelli serves as a remarkable spiritual tour destination for pilgrimage.
Thirunelli Mahavishnu Temple is believed to have been dedicated to Lord Vishnu by Lord Brahma in an endeavor to propitiate the Lord.
Archeological excavations have unearthed copper plates of the tenth century and a few books of later centuries that point out to the fact that Thirunelli was once an important town and pilgrim center, despite being hidden amidst mountains and forests.
Resorts Near to Thirunelli Temple
Himadri Retreat Wayanad Resorts
Best Wayanad Resorts